Why have there seemingly been none for a very long time?
I get it that Bot AI is super complicated, but there are so many simple improvements that could be made.
I’m sure there are a ton of great ideas that are simple, maybe they’ve already been posted.
I often just cancel a bot game when I see a certain card, because it will be a wasted game, eg. Counterfeit or Tournament.
1. Add a Big Money bot
2. Bots should either never buy Counterfeit, because they always buy as many as they can then they trash all their treasure, or set some basic rules.
3. Bots always buy multiple Tournaments but then never take the Prize.
4. Do bots ever buy Events, Projects, use Ways, or do any calculations with Landmarks?
maybe pick a couple powerful ones and implement some very basic algorithms
5. Bots seem to buy a Potion whenever they are available even if they don’t buy the associated Alchemy card.
6. Bots often buy a Remake or 2 then trash their whole deck. Also limit the # of Junk Dealers.
7. Jack of All Trades is strong, but is buying 4 of them optimal?
8. They buy one or two Flag Bearers then give up, do they ever trash Flag Bearers?
9. Limit the number of Vault, Bandit Camp, probably others that it never stops buying
10 Does bot ever purchase the discounted Wayfarer or Peddler
11 Maybe just a couple simple times when the Bot will buy 1 Kings Court or Throne Room?