Traveller Exchange Interface bugged with Villa

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

Game 118187319, end of the last turn of the game. I had two Soldiers and a Disciple in play on the last turn when I piled out Villas, but when the interface came up asking me if I wanted to exchange for 18 Fugitives and 9 Teachers (screenshot attached). Seems like the fact that I bought 9 Villas had 9 buy phases on that turn and the values are multiplied by 9 should make it easy to isolate in the code where the problem is, though I didn't test what would happen if I tried to click on one of them.

Unrelated, but I should mention here that I was very confused by this interface when I saw it. Instead of a button that just shows you the card you're exchanging into, I think it would be clearer if the button showed the card you're giving up by exchanging. Better still would be if the text said something like "Peasant -> Soldier" where the image could be whatever.

Ingix

You are correct, the number miscount on the travelers is due to the many buy phases you had.

For the choice of what picture to use to represent the exchange, I agree that it was something to get used to at first. The ideal solution might be showing clearly what you potentially give up and what you would get. If that can be done in one picture I don't know.

Mostly I think showing you what you potentially get makes more sense, because if you click on that button, that is what you are getting, and that is what you should be the most important part of the decision. But I see the counter argument that you want to keep you Warriors and Disciples and focus on that, instead of "not wanting" Hero or Teacher.

AdamH

Quote from: Ingix on 01 March 2023, 07:13:15 PM
You are correct, the number miscount on the travelers is due to the many buy phases you had.

For the choice of what picture to use to represent the exchange, I agree that it was something to get used to at first. The ideal solution might be showing clearly what you potentially give up and what you would get. If that can be done in one picture I don't know.

Mostly I think showing you what you potentially get makes more sense, because if you click on that button, that is what you are getting, and that is what you should be the most important part of the decision. But I see the counter argument that you want to keep you Warriors and Disciples and focus on that, instead of "not wanting" Hero or Teacher.

Maybe I wasn't clear -- what's in the picture isn't the important thing to me. I think the text should show both card names regardless of which picture is shown. I feel like there's no reason not to have both card names in text.