Townsfolk + Pilgrimage interaction

Previous topic - Next topic

wdmartin

Part way through game #119207144 I used the Pilgrimage event, which lets you gain copies of up to three differently-named cards in play.  The three cards I wanted were a Bazaar, an Elder and a Miller.

Both the Elder and the Miller are from the Townsfolk pile.  Pilgrimage gave me the Elder, but not the Miller.  I suspect it's treating them as having the same name because they're from the same pile. The wiki describes Townsfolk as "differently-named".

Is this a case where there's been a ruling that piles count as having the same name as one another? Or is it a bug in the implementation? Could be either.

Ingix

You can only gain a card that is at that time on top of a pile. In your situation, there were 3 Elders on top, so even after gaining one there is still no Miller on top of any pile.

I used your game as a basis for another, where there was 1 Miller at the top, and 1 Elder underneath (game 119210478 at the end). Here you can see that you can gain Bazaar, Miller and Elder.

Note that the order of clicking is important here. Since the Miller is currently on top in the pile, you must choose (click on) Miller before Elder. If you do it the other way around, you will only gain the Miller (+ Bazaar).

wdmartin

Huh. Okay, well that accounts for it then.  I guess it's working normally, and just not quite what I expected.

Thanks.