Draw issue with Avoid/Tireless?

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

Game 119390798, turn 9/10. I played a Tireless Governor that turn and also got an Avoid, I end my buy phase, the Tireless Governor gets set aside, then the Avoid triggers and I choose three cards to put into my discard pile. There are four cards left in my deck at this point. I draw them, but the for some reason another shuffle doesn't get triggered, the Tireless Governor goes on top of my deck, and I start my next turn (turn 10) with only four cards in hand. I don't know where the problem is but I've checked thoroughly for something else that would cause this and I'm not seeing it. I'm pretty sure there's a bug and my guess is that it's with the Avoid code.

Ingix

The ruling AFAIK is that once a draw (or similar) effect triggers a shuffle, that's it. If you don't have enough cards in your deck after the shuffle to satisfy the draw effect, then it ends with those cards in your deck drawn.

Before you could manipulate the shuffle to 'leave cards out' (Order of Masons, Avoid, one other I think) it was clear that if you don't have enough cards to satisfy the draw effect, you had to stop, there were simply no other cards to draw from any reasonable place.

Now you actively can avoid drawing all cards the effect prescribes using the mechanism you described.

AdamH

Man that's a bizarre ruling and I hate it, but that's what the ruling is so I guess the bug is in the game and not in Shuffleit  :'(