Game statistics

Previous topic - Next topic

viva2004

I currently have a school project where I can explore any field of maths through any means I want. Being the nerd I am, I immediately chose to explore combinatorics and probability with the help of the boardgame Dominion. The topic would be whether staring with a 3/4 copper cards is better than starting with 2/5, and afterwards (a biased and incomplete view of) what the strongest possible deck a starting hand could get you and the probability of getting it (within the scope of the First Game deck. See the attached file). To do this I would need some statistics of the probability of winning after starting with 3 or 4 coppers in hand to compare with the ratio between getting 3/4 coppers in the first hand and 2/5 coppers in one hand. It would also be nice to know what cards people who win buy first from the shop. I am familiar with APIs if there is some I do not know of, and would deeply appreciate any help! (I still do not know what people believe to be a winning strategy within this deck)
Lots of love from Norway!

Ingix

Much of ongoing strategy discussion has moved to discord. You can find a lively community at

https://discord.gg/dominiongame

There are many topics discussed, for example under the category Analysis there is a statistics channel. If you repeat your request there, you have a very good chance to get data or get explained how to get this data.