Can't log in

Previous topic - Next topic

jkommelb

Just says "loading game" below the PW box, nothing happens.  1:40pm GMT-4

DominionBishop

Now mine just says "Server connection was closed or could not be established"... Let's hope they are doing maintenance, however I think the game servers have just crashed.

dcresap

I thought I was going crazy, but it is the Game Server that seems to be having problems...and not me for once!

Ingix

Yes, there were server problems 'over night' (from European point of view). What the reason was has yet to be determined.

akira2185

Just wanted to confirm whether this is still a problem for everyone or just me?  I have been getting the "Server connection was closed or could not be established" message since the morning of August 12 (US East Coast time).  Thanks!

Dwedit

"Lost Connection to Gameserver" twice in one game.  First time, I was eventually able to rejoin the game.  But the second time, I wasn't.

Ingix

It looks like the server isn't able to handle the load when most American players play. We'll have to see how that problem can be solved.

akira2185

Quote from: Ingix on 14 August 2024, 07:38:12 AMIt looks like the server isn't able to handle the load when most American players play. We'll have to see how that problem can be solved.

Thanks -- it sounds like my problem is a little different.  This week I've tried logging in really at all times 8am Eastern, noon eastern, 5 pm eastern, 8pm Eastern, midnight Eastern, even 1 or 2 am Eastern.  I've tried logging in on different devices as well - laptop, tablet, phone.  In each case, as soon as page loads I immediately get the message "Server connection was closed or could not be established."  It sounds like others are able to access at least somewhat, so I'm wondering if this is a problem with my specific account?

Separately, will those of us who pay for content get our subscriptions extended since we have not been able to access?

Appreciate your help.

Ingix

Quote from: akira2185 on 15 August 2024, 02:08:19 PMThanks -- it sounds like my problem is a little different.  This week I've tried logging in really at all times 8am Eastern, noon eastern, 5 pm eastern, 8pm Eastern, midnight Eastern, even 1 or 2 am Eastern.  I've tried logging in on different devices as well - laptop, tablet, phone.  In each case, as soon as page loads I immediately get the message "Server connection was closed or could not be established."  It sounds like others are able to access at least somewhat, so I'm wondering if this is a problem with my specific account?

It's 99.9% not related to your account (I'd have the same problems on your devices), but the internet connection between you and the server. Somehow it seems to be unstable. Note that it's unlikely to be your direct internet access that is the problem, but the part in between (otherwise you'd note it in everyday use). I'll find out where the server is located.

Quote from: akira2185 on 15 August 2024, 02:08:19 PMSeparately, will those of us who pay for content get our subscriptions extended since we have not been able to access?

That happened with the Allies release that had also big problems. I think that is decided after the main problems have been solved, so the whole situation can be assessed in its entirety.

akira2185

Hi - just circling back.  I still get the same message ("Server connection was closed or could not be established.").  I'm assuming this is an issue unique to me since I assume there would be quite a bit more uproar if lots of people hadn't been able to get any access for 2 weeks.

Any recommendations on troubleshooting the issue?

Ingix

There are only 2 things I can think of at the moment:

1) Have you tried opening dominion.games using private browser window?
2) Have you tried using some other internet connection? Maybe switch from your usual connection to (for testing only) a mobile one?