Rising Sun is unusably buggy

Previous topic - Next topic

jschottm

Multiple connection issues in both Chrome and Edge.

1. Game play noise will start but the display remains on the main screen. Reloading to try to connect will just result in nothing happening after trying to log in again. Eventually it'll give the option to resign, but after 5-10 minutes.

2. During gameplay, get tons of "Warning: possibly lost connection with gameserver." messages.

3. History completely vanished while playing on the demo server, breaking undo and rollback.

4. Whatever the new tile is that says "pay n coins to trash n cards" only allows trashing 1, regardless of coins played.

5. Whatever the new feature is that allows using unspent actions as extra buys works but fails to show the proper number of buys.

6. Logging in is completely non-functional at the moment.

Please roll back to a stable version until you can debug this.

DominionBishop

I was playing with jschottm and feel exactly the same way. Current build is not stable.

Dwedit

Having issues where I need to reconnect multiple times in one game.  Both players are stuck waiting for something that never finishes on its own.

Ingix

Thanks to all for the reports. Basically it looks like the server isn't able to handle the load in times when American players use it.

jschottm

Still getting the disconnect bug. Give me an e-mail to send it to and I'll send a screenshot.

mark1878

A bug I had in my last game - sorry no id as no way to report from screen having that information.

If ninja + star chart are together then a reshuffle leads to no input and forces me to log out and in

Ingix

Thanks makr1878 and the others.

Yes, the interaction between shadow cards and other shuffle effects has been reported a few times. You can workaround that situation with a page reload (CTRL-R), which should be faster than log out/in.

Malta

I can confirm it's not much fun playing right now. I like having a game running in the background and going in from time to time, yet these days, I can rarely complete a game before I'm logged out and the Game ID no longer valid. Game is in general also very slow to respond much of the time, particularly when starting and - I have succeeded a few times - ending games.

Dwedit

"Fated" appears to consistently require a reload every time it processes, even in a game without any Rising Sun cards.

Malta

"New server version" is appearing at an alarming rate. I really hope the game will be fixed soon. I was relieved that I and my opponent were able to complete a league game, but otherwise it's hard to get the game to work for a significant period of time.

Ingix

The servers are for now restarted every hour (to combat the lag that creeps into them), which triggers the incorrect 'new server version'. Games that are running can be continued. Stef is continuing to look into the reason of the memory consumption/leak that seems to be at the core of the problem.

Malta

Quote from: Ingix on 19 August 2024, 08:57:50 AMThe servers are for now restarted every hour (to combat the lag that creeps into them), which triggers the incorrect 'new server version'. Games that are running can be continued. Stef is continuing to look into the reason of the memory consumption/leak that seems to be at the core of the problem.

Thanks for the explanation. At least the reason behind this behaviour is known. Fingers crossed the deeper-lying problems aren't too complicated to fix.

Torvatn

Hi! My rating is totally differnt after the rising sun. I always play 3 player games, and my 3 player rating is much higher than my two player rating, but my 3 player rating is gone.Since i never play 2 player, i now have a permanently low rating. Can you fix this?

mark1878

My rating has gone down as well just for simple 2 player.
e,g at seat of game

Game #149735370, rated.
-Maya-
: 38.75
mark1878
: 38.75

We have both exactly the same and mine should be 43-44

Ingix

Yes, the shown ratings have been reset to ca. 38 for many players. I assume something went wrong with the ratings recalculation last night. Since ratings are recalculated every night, and I don't think the whole games database is lost (DomBot can still pull a reasonable ratings history), this will be fixable.

Of course, for now, automatch will produce nonsensical pairings often with players considered roughly equal when in reality they are not "roughly equal".