Welcome to Dominion Online

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip

Welcome all to the new Dominion Online!

Our client can be accessed via https://www.dominion.games.

As we speak e-mails are being sent out to players who had an account at one of the previous implementations. This e-mail contains an activation link that allows you to create an account that has a 1 year subscription to the expansions you had at one of the old systems. Please wait for this e-mail if you want to make use of this offer.

Happy playing in a happy new year!

Emeric

There is a fault in the welcome mail. Guilds is called guids.

NimChimpsky

Hi, I received the email inviting me over, and I'm excited to give it a try. One thing, though: because I had paid for them at the previous host, I have a subscription for all sets except Empires. But I don't see any option to pay to receive Empires. I only see two subscription options--silver and gold, but I don't have to pay to subscribe to all the gold sets just to get Empires, right?

Philip

Quote from: NimChimpsky on 31 December 2016, 09:35:19 PM
Hi, I received the email inviting me over, and I'm excited to give it a try. One thing, though: because I had paid for them at the previous host, I have a subscription for all sets except Empires. But I don't see any option to pay to receive Empires. I only see two subscription options--silver and gold, but I don't have to pay to subscribe to all the gold sets just to get Empires, right?

Right, you only pay the difference between what you choose and what you already have. The listed price takes this into account.

NimChimpsky

Quote from: Philip on 31 December 2016, 09:38:40 PM
Quote from: NimChimpsky on 31 December 2016, 09:35:19 PM

Right, you only pay the difference between what you choose and what you already have. The listed price takes this into account.

Cool, thanks.

bog

Joseph2302

Congratulations on the launch, was semaless for me to get all my already owned cards and pay the 6.99 euros to get the Empires cards.

bartacus

When I visit dominion.games, I see a black background, a castle image, and a loading spinner. Nothing ever loads after that (waited 15 mins). Also, I have paid for subscriptions and have not received a welcome email yet.

I'm running: OS X 10.9.5 on a Core i5 processor using latest update of Safari and Chrome. It won't load in either browser.

Can anybody help me?

bartacus

bartacus

I can try to access the game on different machine if I get the welcome email, but I understood that we would receive this email by the end of the 31st. That didn't happen.

pollium

I'm also waiting on that e-mail... user: pollium

bartacus

I just read a lot of initial feedback on the new interface, which I am unable to access. I also saw a screenshot. I'm no longer interested in access. This has been majorly blown.

bartacus

Guess I'll find my buddies and bust out the slow cards.

bartacus

R.I.P - MF Dominion. It was great. I saw the upside down cards. Whaaat?

Gluehwuermchen

Also received no welcome mail, my username is LiLa.

Cherub_shinta

Hello

I have played the former dominion, but I have not received the e-mail for transition.
The same ID as before is said to be Reserved

Can you send me another mail?

my user name is Cherub_shinta

LaLight

Quote from: Gluehwuermchen on 01 January 2017, 02:37:07 PM
Also received no welcome mail, my username is LiLa.

Send please a private message to Stef, including your username and e-mail.

MVoltaire

Quote from: Philip on 31 December 2016, 09:07:44 PM

As we speak e-mails are being sent out to players who had an account at one of the previous implementations. This e-mail contains an activation link that allows you to create an account that has a 1 year subscription to the expansions you had at one of the old systems. Please wait for this e-mail if you want to make use of this offer.

Is this e-mail being sent to all people who had an account on MF or just to the people who bought expansions and had the right to the expansions on the new client?

bartacus

Hey, you know what Microsoft should do? Fight it's way back into controlling browser usage and re-release IE6. That's what this Dominion transition is like.

Watno

Quote from: MVoltaire on 01 January 2017, 04:39:50 PM

Is this e-mail being sent to all people who had an account on MF or just to the people who bought expansions and had the right to the expansions on the new client?

All players with an MF Dominion account should be receiving a mail. If you didn't "own" anything on MF, you just need that email to claim your reserved username.

Seprix

Quote from: bartacus on 01 January 2017, 11:05:42 AM
R.I.P - MF Dominion. It was great. I saw the upside down cards. Whaaat?

It's going to be okay. I promise. :)

ogsball

I never received an email and I was a registered user of the other dominion game and I had purchased several adventures. Anything I can do?

My email is ogsball@hotmail.com

Watno

There has been an issue with email delievery. Please be patient and wait for the email to arrive.

Sherlockian

My husband didn't get the email. He has been playing Dominion with the name Pheron1961. Can you send him a link?

Edify

Good to be here. You didn't have to supply me with the expansions I bought for MF Dominion, but you went above the call and did, as a game provider. Thank you.

Silly Walks

Hello,

I got the email and attempted to log in using my user name that I had been using, but it is now too long. What should I do?

Thanks!

Watno

You can choose a different username, as long as you make your account via the ink you received the name doesn't matter.

Cajun Gentleman

I also haven't received my email. I tried registering to see what would happen using my MF Dominion username and it stated that my username has been "reserved", so I cannot register??

Please resend my email! Cajun Gentleman is my username.

Judybee

This has happened to me to. what action should I take?

halapenyoharry

As we speak e-mails are being sent out to players who had an account at one of the previous implementations.

I didn't receive this email.

patinhat

Hi! I am still waiting for email to transfer over my purchases from MF. Is there any update on the timeline? Thanks!

terrean

Same here, no email yet to get my old account-name back.

darklordnose

I have created a new account and  not able to play because it says email should be confirmed. But I never got any confirmation email. Username is darklordnose. Anyone else had this issue ?

Watno

We are aware of the missing emails. Really sorry about that, still trying to resolve :(

dance

My name was dance and i also didnt get any Mail..

Judybee

I have not had welcome email, but my username is reserved. Do I need to take any action? Username Judybee

Merely Dust

My friend and I are also waiting for the email. Usernames: Merely Dust and Manowar118

alskdh

also waiting for email; username alskdh

thx!

Watno

The remaining transition emails should be arriving in the next 24 hours.

sunshinehippo

I played the older version (GOKO).  How do I create and save my own deck selections?  Can I play with more than one BOT?  I notice there isn't any sound; I enjoyed the sound effects of the previous version.  Will you be adding any sound?

elonpuckhog

I did not get my activation email.

Watno

Quote from: sunshinehippo on 04 January 2017, 11:09:28 PM
I played the older version (GOKO).  How do I create and save my own deck selections?  Can I play with more than one BOT?  I notice there isn't any sound; I enjoyed the sound effects of the previous version.  Will you be adding any sound?

Saving kingdom selections isnt possible yet. You can use a custom kingdom when using the new table button.  That will also allow you to play with more bots (set the minimum and maximum number of players to the total amount of players you want, then press ready without other players present).

Sound will be added

Watno

Quote from: elonpuckhog on 05 January 2017, 04:15:53 AM
I did not get my activation email.

If you are referring to the email to transfer your account, check your spam folder and if it's not there PM Stef with your account name and email address (http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?action=profile;u=3)

If you mean the confirmation mail after making an account on our site, log in, go to the account tab, type in your email and click confirm to have it sent again

Fedgerick

still haven't gotten an email. username Fedgerick email insanepainbringer@gmail.com

Stef

Quote from: Fedgerick on 06 January 2017, 01:58:50 AM
still haven't gotten an email. username Fedgerick email insanepainbringer@gmail.com

I assume you found it in your spambox, because I didn't do anything but your link was clicked ~15 minutes after this post?

MaartenRobinson

Quote from: sunshinehippo on 04 January 2017, 11:09:28 PM
I must admit, that I always had the sound turned off ... it's a personal thing ... some like others not.

htelfn

I didn't receive the email to transfer my account.
My account name is htelfn.
I also sent the personal message to Stef.
Please check it.

rax1

Stef. I really think you're awesome. You love Dominion like I do..you agreed to play a couple games with me (2 years ago); you won. My user name on Goko and on MF was/is Rax. I know you can look up and see that I love Dominion and have played over 15,000 games. I am upset. I bought all cards on MF. I still haven't recieved an email from you guys and now my previous email account has 'blown up'. Last couple days, I have used my son's (he's 12) account (MadDog) in order to play. I even got so desperate that TODAY I BOUGHT all cards via my son's account (again, MadDog) so that I could play, well, all cards. Well, I played ONE game after bought ALL cards on my son's account and then it doesn't work. Stef. Please email me at eragallatin@netscape.net.   Thank you.

kakedasu

Haven't got the email yet. My username on GOKO was kakedasu (was logging in via twitter).

LycosGromit

Hi team,

I'm another who has not yet got an email, although my mate got his 2 days ago. I have checked spam etc
Ta

Fer Eco

I am waiting the email with the instructions to recover my previous account... my user name was Fer Eco

Vjaas

Been going through my inbox/spam fervently. No trace of any mail received concerning the new Dominion. I was a happy owner of all the expansions (save Adventures) in the MF version.
I really hope I will still have access to the content I paid dearly for :/

Watno

sunshinehippo

Hi, The Bots don't seem to know what to do with the "Lurker" card.  My game froze.  I tried "undo," and refresh, but the game remained frozen. I had to Resign in order to move on.  I've attached the screen shot. 

SkyHard

Quote from: sunshinehippo on 12 March 2017, 12:33:21 AM
Hi, The Bots don't seem to know what to do with the "Lurker" card.  My game froze.  I tried "undo," and refresh, but the game remained frozen. I had to Resign in order to move on.  I've attached the screen shot.

This would be better in the Bug part of the forum.

NoonyCurt

I was a user at the old site (goko.com), where I have also purchsed a couple of expansion.

From what I can tell on the new site I have only rented them for a year? Are you kidding? You can't simply turn a purchase into a short term rental!

Edit:
Also, is this new site PvP only? The AI was the only reason for me to play the game on my computer.

Jacob Marley

At some point, an off-line version will be released with AI only play.  At that point you can chose to convert your Goko/MF purchases to the off-line version, which do not expire.  Until then you can play the on-line version with your purchased cards.  There is an AI, which you get by choosing Bot Match on the home screen.  The AI sin not very good at this point but is improving.

Ingix

Quote from: NoonyCurt on 28 March 2017, 05:49:43 PM
From what I can tell on the new site I have only rented them for a year? Are you kidding? You can't simply turn a purchase into a short term rental!

The game license to use Dominion was only given to GoKo/Making Fun for a limited time and not renewed. That is the unfortunate nature of online games these days: Technical and legal reasons may turn any "purchase" that needs a central game server into nothing at any moment. See this thread for a more detailed discussion, including info from game designer Donald X.:

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1024.msg3502#msg3502

That's why I am so enthusaistic about a standalone client promised from the current developers that can play AI games locally: It allows me to play the game regardless of any expiring licensing deal.

NoonyCurt

> That's why I am so enthusaistic about a standalone client promised from the current developers
> that can play AI games locally: It allows me to play the game regardless of any expiring licensing deal.

Where did you get this info? Is this part of the new online client or will it have to be purchased seperately?

Ingix

It was talked about initially. First (AFAIK) it was mentioned here

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1201

another mention is for example here:

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1539.msg5084#msg5084

If you want to read more, just search this forum for "offline"

NoonyCurt

I'm not convinced by something that might come someday.

Long story short: I lost something I planned to play forever and received something I did not want to play at all and that for a short amount of time. Well, that was money terribly spent.

Psyduck

Quote from: NoonyCurt on 30 March 2017, 09:22:59 AM
I'm not convinced by something that might come someday.

Long story short: I lost something I planned to play forever and received something I did not want to play at all and that for a short amount of time. Well, that was money terribly spent.

I can understand that you're upset. From my personal perspective, the problem is that the old game provider MakingFun promised things they shouldn't have promised, as they couldn't guarantee to provide the game forever.

wildrumpus

You recently sent letter about slow players. I had reported one. I think I just encountered same the same player with a different name.  SloMoDisconnect. Announced intention to slow play game. I took pic of dialog. Then I resigned and blocked him, per your instructions. My fear is that this same person different name.

jsh

Quote from: wildrumpus on 31 July 2017, 06:39:37 AM
You recently sent letter about slow players. I had reported one. I think I just encountered same the same player with a different name.  SloMoDisconnect. Announced intention to slow play game. I took pic of dialog. Then I resigned and blocked him, per your instructions. My fear is that this same person different name.

Yes, it is the same person, but the protocol for dealing with them is the same.