« on: 12 January 2018, 11:41:16 PM »
Username is JW. I know what all of the cards do without needing to read them and have played on your system a lot. In general the advice you’ll get in this thread is disproportionately from very experienced players like me than your potential user base, which is much less experienced with Dominion and your system. So weight accordingly.
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
Not a priority.
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
Not a priority.
3. A strong bot.
I would like it if the bot didn’t fail to provide a remotely competitive game when certain cards (e.g., Chapel, Counterfeit, Donate, Bandit Fort, Colony) are on the board, which is more important for the effort than to improve its play substantially further
4. Options for timed games
Would be nice for when I have less time to play, but not something I’d use all the time.
5. Options for undo settings
Auto grant no-info undos as a toggle (maybe that can be changed in-game) would be nice.
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
Important, would make friend list meaningful.
8. More translations (to what language?)
Esperanto (just kidding!)
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
Somewhat important to me (and is likely to be to more important casual players).
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
10. Option to hide the log
Game doesn’t play well enough without the log yet.
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
13. Downloadable game logs
Game logs accessible to anyone with a link are important.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
Mute chat and report to moderator would be great options.
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
Unlikely to be important for anyone answering this questionnaire. Potentially very important for growing your user base (I assume people generally find you after learning to play Dominion IRL, but would be great if that changed.)
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
I know how Dominion Online works (and even the poorly documented features like /undo followed by a # of steps), but better documentation seems very important for newer players.
Not mentioned but important: better visualization of all Kingdom cards at once. I’ve tried to play with relative beginners, and the lack of this feature is a huge problem for their ability to play the game. More autoplay features would also be nice (Sauna, Explorer, Torturer to take curse when none are left, etc.). The "personal ban list" option would also be nice.