Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - eldering

#1
It's back again, not sure it was ever fully away. Games run smoothly for the first 1-2 turns, but then quickly deteriorate. Setting animation speed to none doesn't help.

I noticed that I got a security update for Firefox, so maybe that affected things (as it seems to be client-side rendering problems), but I think the timing wasn't exactly matching.

I tried also in Chromium. There the issue doesn't appear. When I exited the browser halfway in game #184311193 and continued it in Firefox, initially a couple of card plays it was smooth, but then started deteriorating again.
#2
Now it's working smoothly again without high CPU load. Not sure if anything changed server side. I'm fairly sure nothing changed on my side, not even restarting the browser.
#3
Since a few days the interface is very slow while rendering play actions and while doing so, my CPU load goes to 100% (I noticed first because the laptop fan started kicking in). It seems to be due to the graphics rendering, since it's noticeable during the AI opponent's turn and auto-playing multiple cards especially. Actions that render cards (e.g. when playing Rabble) don't appear smoothly at all.

This is on Debian Linux (stable/Trixie) with Firefox 153.4.0esr.
#5
In game #172662335 with Quartermaster and some other cards with start of turn triggers, at some point the number of effects was so long that some at the bottom fell off the screen and were thus not choosable. Especially Siren's effect, which I wanted to choose first. See screenshot.
#6
Reproduced in game #156136281, my turns 19 and 21.
#7
I've found at least two circumstances where Walled Village's effect to allow topdecking it doesn't work, while I think it should. This happened in a game, but I already closed this, so don't have the game number at hand. I'm pretty sure it's reproducible though. This is on current version 1.9.2.2.

1. Play Improve and at clean-up start trash it to remodel it into a Walled Village, and play that using Innovation. Since you're still at clean-up start, the Walled Village that's in play (as sole action card) should now be able to topdeck itself, but I didn't get this option.

2. Play 2 or more Alchemists, a Walled Village and a Potion. At clean-up start topdeck all Alchemists. That leaves only Walled Village in play as an Action card, so it should also be able to topdeck itself, but again I didn't get that option.