Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - mathemusical

#1
 1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
I would probably play these, as I enjoy the sense of progression.

2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
This would be nice, especially if one could mimic the feel of the game with my friends/family i.e., I don't buy that Witch unless you do. Not every enjoyable playstyle is optimal, and I think that's fine.

3. A strong bot.
I don't feel the strong need to play something super challenging usually. I just like relaxing and playing the game.

4. Options for timed games
I generally don't like timers for games that aren't normally timed, so I can't see myself using this.

5. Options for undo settings
I absolutely need this. My potential for misclicking is apparently high.

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
This could be fun. I don't know that it'd get much use from me, but I like the idea.

7. Option to invite specific players to your table
I usually play games with my family online, so private games settings would be much appreciated, especially if it makes it easier for them to find me rather than wading through the sometimes myriad public tables listed.

8. More translations (to what language?)
English is my first language, so I don't think this question is aimed at me. Not necessary in my case.

9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
The current animations are fine, though I think the log is still necessary to understand what happened on another turn.

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
The things that are difficult for me right now are reserve cards and whatever else I have to mouse over my name to see, and the ability to look at the trash would be nice.

10. Option to hide the log
I don't think I'd be able to follow the game without the log. It's useful to be able to see what the other player did.

11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
This would be nice in case I ever switch to Android, which seems probable given the current price of new iPhones.

12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
I would absolutely love to be able to play Dominion on my phone. I know I can theoretically play online on Safari but my screen is tiny enough to make it difficult.

13. Downloadable game logs
Outside the game, I don't read a whole lot of logs, as I find them hard to follow by themselves.

14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
I usually play the bots, and the few live games I've had have been perfectly civil, so I don't have a lot to say here. I haven't had any problem with the time other players I've played have need to think, as I'm not always quick either.

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
I don't need this, but I like tutorials, so it's possible I'd play around with it just for fun. Low on the list for me.

16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
This is more important to me, especially if the interface changes significantly. It would be nice to have an in-game place to go to point out useful features. It took forever, for example, for me to understand how the reserve cards are displayed, and then a while longer before I could actually work out how to call one, as it's apparently one of the few game decisions displayed in the log rather than the actual play area.