Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - ConMan

#1
Hey Stef, thanks for the generous offer. Here are my own thoughts on the matter:

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
This is a nice-to-have for me, not a must-have. I would probably play the offline client a lot more than I do the online one given my current circumstances, but if it never happened I don't think I'd wind up being that upset.

2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
3. A strong bot.

I would like to see bots that are a bit better at handling the boards. Even if you just had fixed boards (e.g. the Recommended Kingdoms) and bots that were designed to play those boards well, I'd be quite happy to lock horns with them.

4. Options for timed games
Not for me.

5. Options for undo settings
I'm ok with the current undo method, although it could use a little cleaning up (e.g. make it easier to undo to a certain point in the game, maybe try to indicate whether the requested undo is a "no info" undo or not).

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
8. More translations (to what language?)

None of these are relevant to me, but I'd be happy for other people to have them in the game.

9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
I think the current ones are ok.

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
Yes. And better ways to interrogate those things (e.g. to see what both cards in a split pile do, to scroll through cards in the discard when I've played Scavenger, etc.)

10. Option to hide the log
I don't really care. And this is the second #10 in the list.

11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
Yeah, I'd be quite happy to play on my phone if I could. Possibly with a lighter interface, a la Androminion or isotropic (or at least more in that direction to reduce the screen clutter).

12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
Nice, but less important for me (I guess it would let me play on my wife's iPad).

13. Downloadable game logs
Yes please. I would like to be able to see logs more effectively, and I would like to have external sites that could make use of game logs for analysis even if I wouldn't create those sites myself.

14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
While I haven't encountered much in the way of problem players, I think this will become more of an issue as the player base grows, so I want a good amount of attention paid to the issue. Also, I think you need tools to deal with serial offenders (especially those who create multiple accounts), and possibly also efforts to improve the social aspect of the game more generally.

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.

I know Dominion well enough to not personally need a tutorial, but a guide to DO would have really helped me at points (I didn't realise the sliders for coin tokens, etc were sliders for an annoyingly long time). And a good tutorial would help bring more players in to the game, which is good for the community.