Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - greyw01f

#1
Feature Requests / Re: Escapers
15 February 2017, 09:34:39 AM
And finally, I have discovered that yes in fact clicking cancel while the system tries to reconnect you does send you back to the lobby, where you are able to start another game while your original opponent waits. At this point I have found you are not able to rejoin the game, even as a spectator. Not sure if there are any further investigations I can do on this matter at the moment. Hope this information is helpful.
#2
Feature Requests / Re: Escapers
15 February 2017, 07:17:21 AM
I have just spent 5 minuites trying to replicate using bot games, and am able to cancel my re-connection to a bot game ending up in the lobby, and being able to start a new bot game even though I haven't resigned the original game. I'll see if I can replicate with a friend later this evening, leaving a game with them open while I start a new quick match game.
#3
Feature Requests / Re: Escapers
15 February 2017, 07:00:19 AM
I use the term escaper because it is the term used on a go server that I frequent. I have seen a pop up with a cancel button when I have been reconnecting to a game, and I assume that would return you to the lobby rather than a game in progress or signing you back out? I can't recall what prompted my curiosity, but I sought out my opponent afterwards because I got the distinct feeling that if it were possible to leave me in a game that they would do it. When I joined the new game my opponent was engaged in (directly after forcing them to resign) provinces had already been purchased. You are correct that it may be a technological malfunction, but regardless, it appeared to me that something had happened which should not be able to happen. perhaps this ought to be in bugs.
#4
Feature Requests / Escapers
14 February 2017, 11:24:18 PM
I suspect that it will be fairly unusual for people to "escape" from a game. But I had someone leave the table, and after I forced resign after the time limit expired I found them halfway through another game. Not sure if they could auto-resign if they join another game while they are currently in one, or prevented from joining another game. but I'm rather annoyed at the rudeness.