Irina_Phoenix - same name
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
VERY IMPORTANT
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
3. A strong bot.
4. Options for timed games
NO
5. Options for undo settings
I LIKE THE CURRENT ONE
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
NICE, BUT NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT. Would be especially nice to have them among people with similar ratings.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
OBVIOUSLY NEEDED - VERY IMPORTANT, as well as a 'friends only' option
8. More translations (to what language?)
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
UN-NEEDED. I'D PREFER LESS FLASHY ANIMATION AND SMOOTHE OPERATION
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
JUST MAKE EVERYTHING CLEAR AND INTUITIVE. This has improved a lot.
10. Option to hide the log
YES, not having this option is annoying, and damages viewability.
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
(See below)
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
SO - An app would be preferable, and the visuals on the current browser version, while accessible with mobile, are pretty unplayable unless your screen is gigantic. (FTR I have an iphone). However, if cross-type playing would not be possible in an app, then perhaps improving a mobile site to be more viewable would be preferrable.
13. Downloadable game logs
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
With specifics on in-person play? Don't think that's needed.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
PREFERABLE AS OPTIONAL PART OF CAMPAIGN MODE, esp as free version to introduce/teach new players.
I also agree with another user who commented that they don't like the automatic actions taken by cards - for example, to trash a copper or a certain card when that's all that is available. The animation of the cards and actions shouldn't "get away" from a player. You should be able to clearly see what's happening. This could be especially difficult with new players.
I also agree it would be nice to have a "replay with this Kingdom?" option.
Overall, I just want a clean, easy-to-follow play experience, where I don't have to worry about accidentally doing something.
A "casual" timing option for games might be good, when people have time to wait between turns. I often play with bots instead if I'm doing other things, but it might be nice if similar people could play with each other, expressing a mutual lack of concern for hurry.
======
FTR, I still fee it's bad business to buy the rights to something and dump the contract with those who have already paid for it. If you bought out a bank, would it be okay to contact all the current clients and tell them they have to pay an activation fee for the accounts they already have? No. It's bad business. If we paid for ongoing use of the cards we purchased, and you purchased the rights from the company who had that agreement with us, you purchased it as-is. I'm just very upset, and I haven't voiced this before. And having an offline version is not the same as all. The main reason I bought those cards is to play with my friends who I can't play with in person, because they live far away. Why can't you just give us access to the cards we fairly bought and have the option to purchase the newer ones? You could bring in ad revenue and have an option to purchase add-free? There are lots of other options than to just anger a loyal fan base by pulling the rug out from underneath them. I'm not saying you haven't considered that, but these are the things that I think of that make me angry and disappointed and just not want to even deal with all this.
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
VERY IMPORTANT
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
3. A strong bot.
4. Options for timed games
NO
5. Options for undo settings
I LIKE THE CURRENT ONE
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
NICE, BUT NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT. Would be especially nice to have them among people with similar ratings.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
OBVIOUSLY NEEDED - VERY IMPORTANT, as well as a 'friends only' option
8. More translations (to what language?)
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
UN-NEEDED. I'D PREFER LESS FLASHY ANIMATION AND SMOOTHE OPERATION
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
JUST MAKE EVERYTHING CLEAR AND INTUITIVE. This has improved a lot.
10. Option to hide the log
YES, not having this option is annoying, and damages viewability.
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
(See below)
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
SO - An app would be preferable, and the visuals on the current browser version, while accessible with mobile, are pretty unplayable unless your screen is gigantic. (FTR I have an iphone). However, if cross-type playing would not be possible in an app, then perhaps improving a mobile site to be more viewable would be preferrable.
13. Downloadable game logs
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
With specifics on in-person play? Don't think that's needed.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
PREFERABLE AS OPTIONAL PART OF CAMPAIGN MODE, esp as free version to introduce/teach new players.
I also agree with another user who commented that they don't like the automatic actions taken by cards - for example, to trash a copper or a certain card when that's all that is available. The animation of the cards and actions shouldn't "get away" from a player. You should be able to clearly see what's happening. This could be especially difficult with new players.
I also agree it would be nice to have a "replay with this Kingdom?" option.
Overall, I just want a clean, easy-to-follow play experience, where I don't have to worry about accidentally doing something.
A "casual" timing option for games might be good, when people have time to wait between turns. I often play with bots instead if I'm doing other things, but it might be nice if similar people could play with each other, expressing a mutual lack of concern for hurry.
======
FTR, I still fee it's bad business to buy the rights to something and dump the contract with those who have already paid for it. If you bought out a bank, would it be okay to contact all the current clients and tell them they have to pay an activation fee for the accounts they already have? No. It's bad business. If we paid for ongoing use of the cards we purchased, and you purchased the rights from the company who had that agreement with us, you purchased it as-is. I'm just very upset, and I haven't voiced this before. And having an offline version is not the same as all. The main reason I bought those cards is to play with my friends who I can't play with in person, because they live far away. Why can't you just give us access to the cards we fairly bought and have the option to purchase the newer ones? You could bring in ad revenue and have an option to purchase add-free? There are lots of other options than to just anger a loyal fan base by pulling the rug out from underneath them. I'm not saying you haven't considered that, but these are the things that I think of that make me angry and disappointed and just not want to even deal with all this.
