Communication about these updates

Previous topic - Next topic

jneh

I suspect a lot of people no longer look for updates because there weren't many important ones for so long.

Major updates and issues should be emailed to players - why wouldn't you want to share the odd good news instead of hiding it in forum release notes etc etc.

Lack of emails is how many people missed out on the survey and free six months of subscription late last year/ early this year (whenever it was).

I feel like some users are splitting hairs with what Adam H said, and finding very specific issues with what he said instead of generally acknowledging that he has valid complaints.

Ingix

I, and I assume many others, find that they get lots of advertisment emails from institutions that they had to give their email adress for some reason or another.

That's why it is generally a good idea *not* to bombard players with emails 'just because you can'.

I think somewhere the idea was discussed that players can opt in to a newsletter, which would send emails if something relevant was announced.

Lack of emails is how many people missed out on the survey and free six months of subscription late last year/ early this year (whenever it was).

Mostly they missed out on that because they did not play anymore and thus did not get the ingame notification. Which is of course a kind of circular problem, if they stopped playing because their subscription ran out.

But this is a general problem in this day and age: How to propagate information without bombarding players with information that they don't want.