Dominion Not Loading

Previous topic - Next topic

PencilTwist

For several days now, I have not been able to get Dominion to load.  It just spins and gives me the option with a black screen that says cancel/resign as it spins and spins.  HELP!  I've tried different browsers already.  What is going on?  I miss being able to play! 

Ingix

You have the "Spinning Castle" problem  :(

In order to get out of the Spinning Castle problem, you need to open a private(Firefox) or incognito (Chrome) window , go to dominion.games, enter your Name and Password, but don't click "Login". Instead, click on "Kick and Resign" (small font below the "Sign Up" button). Then you should be able to login normally (no need for private/incognito tab).

pdh_phd

Hi all,

The recommended solution to "Spinning Castle" does not work in Edge's InPrivate mode.

Is there another solution, or is Edge simply not a recommended browser for Dominion?

Thanks,
Philip / pdh_phd

Ingix

The Spinning Castle problem shouldn't happen any more, there should be a button allowing you to directly get out of the game if you reload the page (CTRL-R).

Of course, the fix may not have found all cases where it can happen. Does the problem still persist?

pdh_phd

It does still persist - I've closed the tab and reopened the site, entered Control-R, cleared the browser cache from the relevant time period, and restarted several times...

Ingix

1) Can you make a screenshot of your browser window and post it here?

2) As a way to get you out of the situation as fast as possible, can you use another browser (like Firefox or Chrome) for once and use the Spinning Caste procedure there?

pdh_phd

The snapshot is attached...

I've installed both Chrome and Firefox now, and both of them give the same Spinning Castle view - no button with which to break the cycle!

Ingix

Thanks and  :( for it not working. I've forwarded the problem to someone who does part of the coding and maybe they can help.

Ingix

The suspicion is that this is a different kind of problem under the hood as before, it just look like the old one from a user's perspective. Do you get the see the login screen for a small amount of time when you relaod, or is it always the Spinning Castle with no interruption?

pdh_phd

It's always immediately the Spinning Castle - I don't see anything else.

If it helps: after the fault arose, I was able to log onto the website and play using an old laptop (far lower spec than my regular laptop), so it's as if the website has taken a dislike to my regular laptop rather than to any particular browser or my account...

Ingix

Thanks for the info. So we know it's not an account related problem (which the old Spinning Castle problem was). So my guess, since it affects several browsers on the same laptop, is that its an incompatibility with your laptop.

Did the problem happen from one day to the next, or did you make a longer break playing on that laptop? I ask because there wasn't AFAIK a recent change on the client. From the screenshot it looks like it's a Mac. Can you tell the version number it has?

pdh_phd

I've played Dominion on this laptop several times before, but not for a few weeks. It's a Windows machine - quite a high spec Lenovo Legion, several orders of magnitude more powerful than the old laptop which runs Dominion okay (if a bit inconsistently due to general decrepitude). One other quirk that's occurred with this machine is that the cards in my hand are sometimes blank - just the card outline shows - until I click on them or something.

One other thing I've just tried is a hard reset (60 seconds plus on the power button), which has solved browsing-related problems in the past, but it's had no effect here, still getting the spinning castle.

pdh_phd

Update on this - the issue was resolved by installing the Brave browser. Unlike Edge, Chrome and Firefox, this "saw through" whatever problem was causing the Spinning Castle. It also dealt with a 'broken button' problem on another website, which was also persisting across browsers.
So, all good - thanks for the earlier advice!