Online Bonfire Event

Previous topic - Next topic

vallers1

I cannot get online Bonfire to correctly trash 2 coppers of the 3 coppers that I have played to buy Bonfire. After I buy Bonfire, I am asked if I want to trash 0,1,or 2 cards and a Confirm Trashing message appears. However after I click on Confirm Trashing, my turn is ended but a message appears in my play sequence summary that says that nothing trashed.
Can someone tell me how to get Bonfire to trash my 2 coppers in play?
      Since I just recently joined Shuttle It Forum where do I look for a reply to my post.
Thanks vallers1

Ingix

Welcome to Dominion at dominion.games!

The "Confirm Trashing" button confirms that whichever cards you have selected will be trashed. From your description it seems you have selected no Coppers, so by pressing that button you confirmed that you wanted not to trash any Coppers.

You have to select the Coppers by clicking on them, when you do that, they get an "X" mark and are twisted sideways, so you can see which cards you have selected:



If you now click the "Confirm Trashing" button, the 2 Coppers will be trashed.

The same mechanism works also when you need to slect cards to trash from your hand with e.g. Chapel, or when you need to select cards to discard for your opponent's Militia.

In case of Bonfire it would likely be simpler to present 3 buttons "Trash 0 Coppers", "Trash 1 Copper", "Trash 2 Coppers". But Bonfire used to be able to trash any card in play, so the old "select cards to trash" UI was simply kept.

vallers1

Quote from: Ingix on 30 April 2025, 06:10:09 PMWelcome to Dominion at dominion.games!

The "Confirm Trashing" button confirms that whichever cards you have selected will be trashed. From your description it seems you have selected no Coppers, so by pressing that button you confirmed that you wanted not to trash any Coppers.

You have to select the Coppers by clicking on them, when you do that, they get an "X" mark and are twisted sideways, so you can see which cards you have selected:



If you now click the "Confirm Trashing" button, the 2 Coppers will be trashed.

The same mechanism works also when you need to slect cards to trash from your hand with e.g. Chapel, or when you need to select cards to discard for your opponent's Militia.

In case of Bonfire it would likely be simpler to present 3 buttons "Trash 0 Coppers", "Trash 1 Copper", "Trash 2 Coppers". But Bonfire used to be able to trash any card in play, so the old "select cards to trash" UI was simply kept.

Quote from: Ingix on 30 April 2025, 06:10:09 PMWelcome to Dominion at dominion.games!

The "Confirm Trashing" button confirms that whichever cards you have selected will be trashed. From your description it seems you have selected no Coppers, so by pressing that button you confirmed that you wanted not to trash any Coppers.

You have to select the Coppers by clicking on them, when you do that, they get an "X" mark and are twisted sideways, so you can see which cards you have selected:



If you now click the "Confirm Trashing" button, the 2 Coppers will be trashed.

The same mechanism works also when you need to slect cards to trash from your hand with e.g. Chapel, or when you need to select cards to discard for your opponent's Militia.

In case of Bonfire it would likely be simpler to present 3 buttons "Trash 0 Coppers", "Trash 1 Copper", "Trash 2 Coppers". But Bonfire used to be able to trash any card in play, so the old "select cards to trash" UI was simply kept.


vallers1

To Ingix
Thanks for your reply. My mistake was that I needed to "select"  the 2 coppers to be trashed which were
 "in play" before I hit confirm trashing. In the past I have trashed cards "before" they were played and they were still in my hand. This is the first time I have ever had to trash cards which were in play.
      Thanks again
vallers1