Defaults for familiar cards

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

I've talked to multiple people about this and it's been a source of confusion. It seems that the default setting for familiar cards is a group of cards from the base set, and the default setting for which cards to put in a random kingdom will respect everyone's familiar cards. So that means that if two people play each other, unless they have changed their default settings, they will get the same base-only kingdom every time. People who have had expansions transferred over, myself included, have been confused by this.

Some default setting probably needs to change, or some kind of very visible notification needs to be displayed, otherwise people might think that Dominion is a boring game with only ten kingdom cards every time you play.

dscarpac

at the very least, there should be some kind of highlighted pointers guiding you through what each of the tabs do for new users (see, for example, what Discord does), especially telling you to set up the familiar cards, etc.

ffejselur

Quote from: dscarpac on 04 January 2017, 07:08:53 AM
at the very least, there should be some kind of highlighted pointers guiding you through what each of the tabs do for new users (see, for example, what Discord does), especially telling you to set up the familiar cards, etc.
Yes, yes, yes I couldn't agree with you more! Where oh where oh where is the FAQ section of the site? How about adding a Help or Info button after Store that explains in detail what each other button and "sub-button" (like each of the Options) does? That would really be appreciated.