News:

SMF - Just Installed!

(not a bug) Farmland

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

There is 1 Farmland left in the supply, I have a $4 card in hand. I choose to buy the Farmland and trash the $4 card. Of the options I have, gaining that last Farmland is one of them. If I choose that option, I just get one Farmland and nothing else.

I couldn't find the definitive ruling on this, should I be allowed to choose that Farmland as a choice? I would think once I buy it, it's not in the supply anymore. Anyways, if it's a legal choice, all behavior is correct.

EDIT: this has been confirmed to not be a bug, but it's correct behavior.

JunkDealer

According to the dominion wiki the act of buying happens before the act of gaining, so this behaviour would be correct.

QuoteRemember that buying a card happens before gaining it, so all these effects happen before you gain the relevant card, and before any of its on-gain effects happen.
http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Triggered_effects#When_you_buy_a_card

I'd argue that's counter intuitive, but so have spoken the dominion wiki gods!  :P

Donald X.

Quote from: AdamH on 18 February 2017, 06:13:43 PM
There is 1 Farmland left in the supply, I have a $4 card in hand. I choose to buy the Farmland and trash the $4 card. Of the options I have, gaining that last Farmland is one of them. If I choose that option, I just get one Farmland and nothing else.

I couldn't find the definitive ruling on this, should I be allowed to choose that Farmland as a choice? I would think once I buy it, it's not in the supply anymore. Anyways, if it's a legal choice, all behavior is correct.
This is all correct. Farmland's ability triggers when-buy; you haven't gained it yet. Farmland is a card in the Supply costing $6 so it's a legal choice to gain there. If you choose to gain it then there isn't one left for your buy to gain you; that just fails.