?? Travelers combo'd with Black Market

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

If, say, Peasant is in the Black Market supply . . . if I buy it, use it, and try to "upgrade" in the normal way with Travelers, can I do this?  Or will I be unable to, due to the other cards in that "line" not being in the deck? 

If I cannot do this, will the game not even give me the option--upon discard of Peasant--of discarding for a Soldier?  (That would make the most sense, if it's true that one cannot upgrade a BM Traveler.)  Or, if I am given the option, does the game give me a warning: "Hey, you're trying to exchange for a card that [in this particular game] does not exist.  If you get rid of Peasant, you will get nothing in return."

This is sort of an edge-case, I guess.  But if Black Market decks are truly random, then there should be a decent number of Travelers that show up merely due to chance, yes?  So, maybe not so edge, after all.

JW

You can't exchange a Page or Peasant that you bought from the Black Market, because there's no pile to return it to.

But Page and Peasant are never in the Black Market on Dominion Online, and one benefit is that this avoids rules confusion.

Ingix

As JW said, there exists a list of cards that are never going into the Black Market pile. AFAIK, those include cards with setup instructions, like those that require non-supply piles (Page/Peasant)

santamonica811

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: Ingix on 01 November 2017, 07:44:02 PM
As JW said, there exists a list of cards that are never going into the Black Market pile. AFAIK, those include cards with setup instructions, like those that require non-supply piles (Page/Peasant)

Is there a list somewhere of which cards are excluded from the BM pile?

Mic Qsenoch

Quote from: Cave-O-Sapien on 03 November 2017, 05:32:10 PM

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16193.msg657271#msg657271

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: Mic Qsenoch on 03 November 2017, 05:55:10 PM
Quote from: Cave-O-Sapien on 03 November 2017, 05:32:10 PM

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16193.msg657271#msg657271

Thanks!

Are we sure Pirate Ship isn't in the BM deck? I could've sworn I saw the PS icon in a game that didn't have it in the Kingdom, but I could be mistaken.