Games with Menagerie despite selecting no

Previous topic - Next topic

Koksa

Select no Menagerie, but games has expansion cards and events.
Game #37183759 on oregon
Game #37181778 on frankfurt

Ingix

Thanks for the report, Koksa!

Unfortunately, the game numbers don't really help here, as the problem happens before, during the matching process. Can you post a screenshot of your matching tab before you search? That might help me understand what is going on.

BTW, looking at the games you posted, those are not "Extra Menagerie" games. They just contain some Menagerie cards, as is always possible when one player has that expansion. "Extra Menagerie" games have 4 kingdom cards from Menagerie and 1 Way or Event from Menagerie + 6 more kingdom cards (some could be Menagerie as well) and maybe you get an additional landscape card.

Koksa

Ok, now I understand , thouht that unchecking Extra Menagerie give games with no Menagerie cards and events etc.
So it's not a bug  :)

But still don't understand what's the difference between games with extra and no extra Menagerie. Can't find explanation, can you give me a hint or link where I can read more?

Ingix

You can find the explanation as the first point discussed here.

Koksa

Thanks!
Read it, but still have doubt. Extra Menagerie give always 4 cards and one event/way from this expansion (and no more) and normal game (no Extra) have random number of Menagerie cards/events/ways?

Ingix

"Extra Menagerie" gives 4 Kingdom cards from Menagerie, and 6 more cards. Those "more" cards can also contain Menagerie cards, just like they can contain any card of another set you own.

Think of the randomizer cards that come with the physical game. First you shuffle the 30 randomizers from Menagerie and draw 4 cards. Then you take all the randomizers from all other sets you own and mix and shuffle them together with the 26 remaining randomizers. Then you draw the remaining 6 cards from them. From those 6 cards, some can be Menagerie as well, but since they are drawn from a big pool of cards, it's more likely none of them are Menagerie.

If you play a "normal" game with no extra Menagerie, then all 10 cards are draw from the big pool of all randomizers.

Koksa

Thank for your patience, now it's definitely clear and I understand the solution :)