How long do tables stay open?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestnut529

I realize that the game is meant to be played real time in one sitting. However, my friend and I find it easier to have it open during the day and take our turns whenever we can. It has worked out pretty well so far. We've both closed the game several times to find it still going when we came back. Even after leaving a game over night, it was still open. However, this morning, after leaving it over night, it did not open again. I am not sure if it was because we were both inactive for too long, or what. So, I just want to know how the site works. When does it close the table? Is it after all players have closed the site for a certain amount of time?

Also, I saw the option to load old game if you have a game code. Is that only to load the same options of a previous game? Or would that load our table that I thought I lost?

Ingix

Running games should never be deleted by the system, in theory. Now in practice, servers need to be maintained from time to time.

There is a switchover process where new games come to a new instance of a given server (Ohio, Tokio,...) and the old one just finishes the remaining ones, and after some time the old one is then taken offline or whatever that makes it inoperable for a while.

That "some time" was I think 24h at some time in the past, maybe it's larger/smaller now and I guess you got affetced by such a server switch when your game was still running on the old server.

Loading a game will actually return you back to exactly the same position as it was before. Now of course the question is if your game was saved at all, considering that ending a game in the way described above is not really "how it should happen". If you know the game ID of your "lost" game, you can try to load it and see what happens.