Client performance

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

Since the new client update, everything lags horribly. It takes 30 seconds of the spinning castle before the login screen is even displayed, and every click takes about a second to resolve. It was this way when the new stuff was dev.dominion.games, while the regular dominion.games was responsive and fast like always. I had hoped that maybe the dev server was a machine with lower specs and it would be better when it was released to the main one but the performance is still the same.

I paid for a subscription that goes until next year for a client that worked. I want the old one back until this one has the bugs worked out. It's pretty clear this one hasn't been tested enough.

Ingix

On what system (desktop, laptop, mobile (phone/tablet)) are you playing? The used browser might be relevant as well.

AdamH

It looks like there were a couple of releases since this was posted, I'm no longer having this issue.

Ingix

Megas_Droungarios

In settings you can change the speed of the animations.  It was defaulted to slow, which felt very laggy compared with the old interface.  It's better if you pick a faster speed.

AdamH

I had turned the animations completely off, the problem I was talking about was definitely lag. With the current version though, I'm not having that particular issue.