Shepherd looks at discard pile

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

My opponent plays a Shepherd, discards some victory cards. There's a line in the game log that says they're looking at all of the cards in their discard pile. There's no reason for this, right? Maybe it's just a game log issue but it seems like there's no reason for Shepherd to be causing a look into the discard pile, right?

dane

Quote from: AdamH on 21 October 2022, 02:45:12 PM
My opponent plays a Shepherd, discards some victory cards. There's a line in the game log that says they're looking at all of the cards in their discard pile. There's no reason for this, right? Maybe it's just a game log issue but it seems like there's no reason for Shepherd to be causing a look into the discard pile, right?
Is it perhaps the case that the Shepherd draw is causing a shuffle of the discard pile and your opponent has either bought the Star Chart Project or has favours available to spend on Order of Masons or Order of Astrologers?

AdamH

I did a bit more testing. It only happens when the draw from the Shepherd is causing a shuffle. But there's no favor/project or anything in the game that messes with shuffles. Seems like a bug to me, maybe it's a "game log" bug and not a "card bug" but either way I don't believe this should be happening.

dane

I'm fairly sure I've played in games where cards I've discarded for Shepherd have caused a reshuffle.  I'm also fairly certain that I've never been shown my discard pile on such occasions, so I suspect it's going to turn out to be an error in the game log.