Can't Get Into the Game

Previous topic - Next topic

Rok

I don't know where you would like this posted, so I'll just start a new thread:

(#1) I didn't get the e-mail initially.  Looked for it everywhere including in Spam.  I tried to create my old account in the new client, but it said my name was "reserved", that's good, but I couldn't sign in.

(#2) Attempted to log into the forum system.  Was told that a verification e-mail was sent.  I looked for it, and it wasn't sent.  Tried to log onto the forum and it had a button to resend the e-mail.  I did that twice and still no verification e-mail, but when looking for it, I noticed that the original e-mail about my old account at Goko had showed up in my "spam" folder dated yesterday.  (IT DEFINITELY WASN'T THERE BEFORE.) Still no confirm e-mail for the forums.

(#3) There were two links to new game (or client, or whatever you want to call it).  One for the URL to the game, the other was a "special" link for those of us who had made purchases from the old game from Goko.  I pushed that button and it came up with the same base graphic as the standard URL, but WITHOUT THE SIGN-IN WINDOW!  i did that a couple of times and found out that the link to the forum worked.

(#4) After pressing that, I decided to check my e-mail again, and I FOUND the confirmation e-mail for this forum system and managed to get logged in.

(5)  I tried Logging in a couple of more times on the standard URL, NO DICE.

(6)  I tried Logging in a couple of more times using the special link,  NO DICE.

I can't play your game because I can't sign in.

PLEASE ADVISE how I should proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Rok

Forgot to mention:

I'm using a Windows 10 PC.  Using Google Chrome.  Plenty of memory and all that jazz.

Watno

Quote from: Rok on 02 January 2017, 04:12:03 AM

(#3) There were two links to new game (or client, or whatever you want to call it).  One for the URL to the game, the other was a "special" link for those of us who had made purchases from the old game from Goko.  I pushed that button and it came up with the same base graphic as the standard URL, but WITHOUT THE SIGN-IN WINDOW!  i did that a couple of times and found out that the link to the forum worked.

We are aware of problems with email delivery and working on it, but this part is new to me. Have you tried using a different browser?

Betty Boop

Can anyone confirm my email????

Rok

Quote from: Watno on 02 January 2017, 01:54:32 PM
Quote from: Rok on 02 January 2017, 04:12:03 AM

We are aware of problems with email delivery and working on it, but this part is new to me. Have you tried using a different browser?

No, I thought you had problems with IE, and I didn't see the other's I've used listed, like Edge, as being supported.  I wonder if having the pop-up blocker on in Google Chrome might be causing it...naw that wouldn't be it because it shows up on the regular URL, just not on the special one.

I'll try MS Edge and see if that works.

Rok

FWIW:

First I tried MS Edge:  Logged onto the special link to register as an old user.  The site said Edge wasn't supported and to proceed at my own risk.  I proceeded anyway and got the background, but was locked out because....well because I was locked out.

Next, I tried Firefox (which I really don't know how to use.)  Went to special sign in URL:  IT WORKED!  Had to upgrade Firefox since I never use it.  Tried the link again and it DIDN'T work...apparently because that link is ONLY for signing in people who had old accounts but who had never signed in before.

So, then I tried Google Chrome AGAIN but with the normal sign-in URL and now that I was registered, I could sign in, buy stuff, and play.

Sorry, but it is pretty janky.  I'm not worried about the money, and I'll give it a chance.  I'm sure you are overwhelmed right now, and improvements will be made.  There are plenty of people bitching at you folks, so I won't join the chorus.  I'm glad I can get my daily Dominion fix even if it isn't as good or comfortable as it was. It looks like your play-testers are a lot less critical than I would have been.

Thanks for your help up to this point.

I'm just posting this so you can help others.